Tuesday 15 April 2014

COMPANY MAGAZINE




Company magazine:

I looked into Company magazine just to get a range of verity, I wanted to see what all types of magazines are doing - so what layouts they use, what sort of images they show, colour themes etc. Company is a Womens fashion and beauty magazine, so the complete opposite to what I want to do. However whilst flicking through I saw a range of image layouts that I could try experimenting with in my zine. 




These are an example of that. The top image I really like simply because it takes up the whole page, its eye catching, its got that bright pure element to it, its stylistic etc. Its intriguing. However I dislike the that fact they've but the word 'beauty' at the top. I know its a tiny detail that doesn't really make a difference to most people, but I just find it distracting and takes away the impact of the page. 





Typography:

There was a wide range of different fonts in this magazine, all which I liked. However I feel that they may be too pretty or girly for my zine. They're too aimed at the female audience and rightly so as that is who they're aiming for. So I probably would be using any of the top fonts for that reason. 


Picture taken to compare the sizes of both Beat and Company magazines -

Company I find too small, if my zine was this small I don't think my images would look there full potential. I much prefer the size of Beat, i also like how its a typical newspaper size.


No comments:

Post a Comment