Tuesday 15 April 2014

TERM 3


This term has no brief which is absolutely perfect for me because I struggle with the feeling of being restricted. Even with broad briefs I tend to corner myself into a little box and feel like hiding - this then makes me take ridiculously awful images and I end up hating my work. So moving on, i've decided to go down the theme of MENS FASHION. I want to explore the fun and creative side to it but also at the same time keep it quite real and to from with portraiture. 
My plan is too take images of the men in Nottingham wearing they're normal clothes- i will not be styling anyone - I want guys who are naturally fashion forward. This way each image will be unique because I wont have any styling input (meaning each guy won't look like my perfect dressed male). I also want a range of studio and locations shots, to keep the ZINE i plan on making for the book fair fun, fresh and unique. So when people flick though the pages there will be a nice surprise on each one - I couldn't imagine anything worse than people drifting off or getting bored of my work.  Not only this, on some images I want to manipulate them either with photoshop or hand made changes. This way it adds a bit of fun to the images and works with my style of work - think I.D or Beat magazine style. This will hopefully add to the homemade appeal of my zine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment