Thursday 29 May 2014

Change of LOGO

Previously I was researching into different ways of showing my zines logo / name and experimented on Photoshop with the designs to find the perfect one. I did like the ones I had came up with, however when it came to the making process of the zine, I found that they either looked tacky, unprofessional, try hard or not my desired style. They weren't looking how I imagined them , so once again I had to get the old chalkboard out and start from scratch... However this time it was simple, I've been a fan of abbrivating words, short titles that don't make sense - such as musicians like DEADMAUS5 or CHVRCHES - and thought that I would keep the initial name of 'Im the son of rage and love' but shorten it to the letters. So my logo would simply be 'ITSOR&L' then in the inside of my zine would be the actual title - so readers would still understand it.  Also with this I would make my title a simple font such as Orator, so that I could then use it within the zine to create an on going theme - having a particular style running through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment