Sunday 11 May 2014

Including illustrations

I've been thinking of others ways to make my zine more interesting and I've decided I'll be including illustrations done by the lads i've taken pictures of and also to include quotes. I think this would add a personal and quirky touch to the zine. I also think it would set it aside from other zines that have been made because, it will include personal words and the males own sense of humour, which I think will be a nice quality to have. I was hoping to give the boys key words and have them draw their response to them and also draw a self portrait. Which is something I think would look really interesting next to their own picture. 

Examples: 




Taken from : Lazybone Illustrations

Taken from : Andeswar Tumblr



Taken From : Brohloff Tumblr


Taken from The Paris Review tumblr. 

I really like the above image the most because its simple, lacks detail and is actually surprisingly difficult to do. I feel like this type of illustration would work really well in my zine. I could consider making something like his in illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment