Saturday 10 May 2014

FONTS

Below are some fonts I recently made on photoshop. I wanted to create my own title, rather than using a pre made one and run the risk of having something similar to someone else. They were quite simple to do as I used pre made fonts then within photoshop created boxes to cut out elements of the text or used the transform tool to twist and squeeze it, to give a range of interesting (or not in the bottom texts case) looks. 

I really like the typography below as it's classy and I can see it being something that would be used by others. It's bold, its stylish, yet to the point. It's not too hard to read which is good as you want your zine to be recognisable and also to be spoke about - If you cant even read the title, how are other people going to? also bit embarrassing isn't it, no one would want to read it. Anyway, the reason that i've used the example of boys is simply because, well that's what my zine is about and i was looking at possible zine name ideas. 


The below is probably the main name or typo I will be using for my zine. I've took the quote from a Greenday song - which I will go into later. With the below fonts, I used the same one which I plan to use  through out my zine, however I changed the boldness and colours, just to give what will be a plain page, a bit of a 'pop'. I think this logo/ name is quite eye catching and interesting. It's also mysterious, as you would have to open the zine to know what it is about, it makes the zine very ambiguous.


I really dislike this font i've made - I dont even feel like I need to speak about how bad it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment